We invite you to participate in telling your stories and research experiences on the Portal by using the form on the “Tell your story” page and follow all the instructions that will be provided by email.
Requests for storytelling and story sharing received so far via the Contact form have been noted: those who have submitted them will be contacted and given the necessary instructions.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of our work, we ask you not to use the ‘Tell your story’ form (i.e. not to send emails) for:
- report anomalies, deficiencies and/or typos found in the indexation of registers, deeds, master data and/or locations. Please use the form in the Contacts form to report your Concerns;
- asking for searches on both civil status and military records. The Portal does not carry out genealogical and/or registry searches on behalf of users, nor does it provide help with this type of research, but it does make available the documentation to carry out searches independently. Please also note that in the “Tools” section you can find support information for carrying out research;
- ask for contact details of State Archives or other bodies (municipalities, dioceses, etc.);
- c- request the issue and sending of certificates and/or copies of matriculation sheets. Please note that the Ancestors Portal does not provide this service. In the page “Request for certificates” you can find indications and useful information on how to obtain the above-mentioned documents;
- ask about the planning and timing of the publication of the Archives or of specific Municipalities/Provinces. The planning is shared with FamilySearch and the State Archives on the basis of technical and scientific parameters. In order to be informed about the latest publications of registers and names and to read all the details (consistency, chronological references, number of images), users are invited to consult the dedicated sections of the Portal: “Latest published archives” and “Index of published names“;
- ask how to contribute and communicate any problems encountered with the Family Search site. To date, it is possible to contribute to the indexing of the registers by participating in the projects on the Family Search Italian Projects page. If you have any problems with the registration and indexing process, please contact Family Search directly;
- ask how to download images. It will be possible, in the future, to register and access a user area of the Portal where you will be able to download images. The availability of the user area and all instructions for accessing and using it will be indicated on the Portal;
- – ask if and when it will be possible to recover the URLs of the old Portal, saved for personal searches, for indexing activities on FamilySearch.org and within projects such as Wikitree. In order to allow accessibility to these resources, steps have been taken to ensure that old and new URLs are linked and that bookmarking functionality is released according to the ARK specification. When the functionalities are available, they will be described and advertised on the Portal.
Thank you for your cooperation.