We have been uploading digitizations of the records of the “Italian Civil Status” fund of the Siena State Archives.
With today’s publication, 5,228 records and 830,289 images become accessible and usable for this Institute-until now unpublished on the Ancestors Portal.
Users are reminded to:
- consult and read the information on the different pages of the Portal (Instructions for Use, Requests for Certificates, Join the Project) in the Contact form and FAQs, in order to be able to find answers to some frequently asked questions and useful clarifications (e.g. What can I do if in Searching the Records I verify that a page of a record or an entire record is missing? How can I obtain a certified copy of the documentation published on the Portal? etc.);
- use the Form available on the Tell Your Story page only to share their family stories and see them posted in Read Family Stories;
- use the appropriate Contact Form only to report anomalies, deficiencies and/or typos found in the indexing of records, deeds, registry and/or locations and not for any other type of instances and requests.
Users are asked not to send emails to:
- asking for searches on both civil status and military records. The Portal does not carry out genealogical and/or registry searches on behalf of users, nor does it provide help with this type of research, but it does make available the documentation to carry out searches independently. Also, please note that in the “Tools” section you can find supporting information to conduct research;
- ask for contact details of State Archives or other bodies (municipalities, dioceses, etc.);
- c- request the issue and sending of certificates and/or copies of matriculation sheets. Please note that the Ancestors Portal does not provide this service. The “Requests for Certificates” page provides guidance and insights useful in obtaining the above documentation;
- ask about the planning and timing of the publication of the Archives or of specific Municipalities/Provinces. The planning is shared with FamilySearch and the State Archives on the basis of technical and scientific parameters. To be informed about the Latest published records and names and read all their details (consistency, chronological details, number of images), users are invited to consult the dedicated sections of the Portal: “Latest published records” and “The indexes of published names.”
- ask how to contribute and communicate any problems encountered with the Family Search site. To date, you can contribute to the indexing of records by participating in projects on the Family Search Italian Projects page. For any problems on registration and indexing activities please contact Family Search directly;
- ask how to download images. It will be possible, in the future, to register and access a user area of the Portal where you will be able to download images. The availability of the user area and all instructions for accessing and using it, will be indicated on the Portal.
All communications (e.g., availability and release of the user area, new publications, system updates and possible problems in fruition etc.) will be described and reported – as usual – in the News section of the Portal.
Thank you for your cooperation