As communicated through News and notice on the Portal, it was necessary – in recent days – to delete the records and images of the Florence State Archives in order to proceed with their replacement with revised and integrated digital objects and content.
For Florence, 53,930 records and 2,830,066 images were usable: that information is published again-today-with revised and/or corrected data where necessary. Most importantly, they are supplemented with the addition of the Decennial and General Repertoires and 1,739 new records and 188,669 new images.
By accessing the Institute page, it will be possible to view 55,669 records (1804-1874) and 3,018,735 images.
Broken down into 5 Funds:
- Census (1841)
- Napoleonic civil status (1808-1814)
- Pre-Unification Civil Status (1815-1865)
- Alphabetical decennial directories (1808-1837)
- General alphabetical directories (1838-1865)
Users are reminded to:
- consult and read the information on the different pages of the Portal (Instructions, Request of certificates, Join the Project) in the form Contacts and in FAQ, to find answers to some frequently asked questions and useful clarifications (e.g. What can I do if in Do I Search the registries to see if a page of a register or an entire register is missing? How can I obtain an authentic copy of the documentation published on the Portal? etc.);
- Use the Form available on the Tell Your Story page only to share your own family stories and see them published in Read Family Stories;
- use the Contact Form only to report anomalies, omissions and/or typos found in the indexation of registers, deeds, personal data and/or locations and not for any other type of requests and enquiries.
All all communications (e.g., user area availability and release, new publications etc.) will be described and reported – as usual – on the Portal.
Thank you for your cooperation