As communicated through News and notice on the Portal, it was necessary – in recent days – to delete the records and images of the Florence State Archives, in order to proceed with their replacement with digital objects and revised and integrated content.
For Florence, 53,930 registers and 2,830,066 images were usable: that information is published again – today – with revised and/or corrected data, where necessary. Most importantly, they are supplemented with the addition of the Decennial and General Repertoires and 1,739 new registers and 188,669 new images.
By accessing the Institute page, it will be possible to consult 55,669 registers (1804-1874) and 3,018,735 images.
Broken down into 5 Funds:
- Census (1841)
- Napoleonic civil state (1808-1814)
- Pre-unification civil status (1815-1865)
- Alphabetical decennial directories (1808-1837)
- General alphabetical directories (1838-1865)
Users are reminded to:
- consult and read the information on the various pages of the Portal (Instructions for Use, Requests for Certificates, Join the Project) in the Contact form and in the FAQs, in order to find answers to some frequently asked questions and useful clarifications (e.g., What can I do if in Searching the Registers I verify that a page of a register or an entire register is missing? How can I obtain a certified copy of the records posted on the Portal? etc.);
- use the Form available on the Tell Your Story page only to share their family stories and see them published in Read Family Stories;
- use the appropriate Form on the Contact Form only to report anomalies, deficiencies and/or typos found in the indexing of records, deeds, registry and/or locations and not for any other type of instances and requests.
All all communications (e.g., user area availability and release, new publications etc.) will be described and reported – as usual – on the Portal.
Thank you for your cooperation